ZA

Posted on Oct 22, 2021
Tablets might be a better option.

If you’re looking for a form of tryptophan that is easy to take, I strongly suggest considering tablets over this powder. It is very pure, but it is completely insoluble in water. It is also extremely bitter (similar to pure BCAA powder) and the aftertaste is absolutely awful. I usually mix 1 gram with a little water to make a paste and swallow it down with a drink. Smaller doses of around 100 mg can also be mixed into yoghurt or smoothies quite inconspicuously. Taking it during the day tends to make me drowsy, so I only take it at night before going to bed. Note: The label says that two level ¼ teaspoons is approximately 1 gram, but I found just one level ¼ teaspoon to actually be between 1.2 and 1.4 grams.

a395242b-8fad-4001-bfbb-7f9a4d533766
bff68920-2116-48b5-ae0c-960f66058545
c0ac3f74-38f9-43c9-91b8-76b8cc4cfcf7
53135b06-aba1-45b8-8453-60f9777e403b
alloriginal
Posted on Apr 3, 2022

L-tryptophan--when taken on an empty stomach--aids the body in its production of serotonin. Those with mood disorders may be in particular need of this supplement. Furthermore, collagen supplements have been shown to lower serotonin in the body, making supplementation with l-tryptophan even more urgent. I use it daily at bedtime. I place a half teaspoon under the tongue, then sip some warm water. I swirl the warm water round in my mouth, incorporating the powder, then I swallow it. I believe it benefits my sleep and leaves me feeling great in the morning. Hope this helps!

It definitely works. I take 1/2 tsp in water but it doesn't dissolve too well. Mixing into a glass of water helps if you leave it for a few hours. I also take magnesium tablets before bed. I have no trouble getting off to sleep, but waking too early, about 3 am, so I take mine then, and I get me back to sleep easily! But I don't usually have to get up early. If I do have to get up early, I take it before I go to sleep. I find I can still wake up a bit too early though this way. Adding Glycine powder makes it sweet, and helps with the taste. It's cheaper as powder than pills, so thats why I do this.

Posted on Nov 18, 2021

I only take 1/16 (or even 1/32) of teaspoon subliminally, generally about 30 min before bed, and it does fantastic job for me. Undertaken studies were based on taking 500 mg orally for 12 weeks (from memory) so by taking smaller but VERY effective dose, at least for me, I can take it for longer periods of time. Sometimes I combine it with magnesium (bis)glycinate + vit B6 and zinc and that works even better.

Posted on Aug 26, 2022

Posted on Jul 14, 2022

I purchased this as branch chain aminos break down in the system for further benefit. This one breaks down into serotonin, melatonin and usable DMT. NOW is a good brand and the powder is easy to encapsulate. Take about an hour before bed. Solid packaging, would recommend.

Posted on Dec 9, 2021

another effective product as taken 1 hour before bed time will definitely make you sleepy and be able to sleep throughout the night...........price seems a little high though

Posted on Jun 1, 2022

I started taking this in hopes of falling and staying asleep easier, but it does not work for me. But I knew beforehand that it works for some people, others don’t react well to it. I will continue to take it for a while still since I’m taking L-Tyrosine on a regular basis and Tryptophan is advised when taking that long term

Posted on Jun 5, 2022

Really helps lift my bouts of low mood/depression. Quarter of a teaspoon mixed with my breakfast each morning - I really notice a difference if I run out.

Posted on May 10, 2022

If you are looking for the benefit of L-Tryptophan, then this product is for you. It's pure powder of a decent size bottle. It does not seem to mix well with water.